Aims & Objectives
- The aims & objectives of Rashtriya Mahila Kosh are as follows:-
- Socio-economic empowerment through multi-pronged effort
- Providing micro-credit facilities.
- Capacity building of IMOs and women beneficiaries
- To promote or undertake activities for the promotion of or to provide credit as an instrument of socio- economic change and development through the provision of a package of financial and social development services for the development of women.
- To promote and support schemes for improvement of facilities for credit for women:-
- for sustenance of their existing employment
- for generation of further employment
- for asset creation
- for asset redemption and
- for tiding over consumption, social and contingent needs
- To demonstrate and replicate participatory approaches in the organization of women’s groups for effective utilization of credit resources leading to self-reliance.
- To promote and support experiments in the voluntary and formal sector using innovative methodologies to reach poor women with credit and other social services.
- To sensitize existing government delivery mechanisms and increase the visibility of poor women as a vital and viable clientele with the conventional institutions.
- To promote research, study, documentation and analysis, including provision of fellowships and scholarships, of credit and its management and of successful experiences at various levels in order to promote replication and dissemination of successful credit extension and management methodologies.
- To promote the federation and net working of women’s organisations for shaping & exchange of experience and information and to develop skills in response management & social mobilization.
- To promote and support the expansion of entrepreneurship skills among women.
- To cooperate with and secure the cooperation of the Central Government, State Governments and UnionTerritory Administration, credit institutions, industrial and commercial organisations and non-governmental, voluntary and other organisations and bodies in promoting the objects of the Kosh.
- To accept subscriptions, grants, contributions, donations, loans, guarantees, gifts, bequests etc. on such terms and obligations not inconsistent with the aims and objects of the Kosh, and
- To do all such lawful acts & things as may be necessary or conducive for furthering the objects of the Kosh.
- There shall be no discrimination on the ground of religion, community, caste or class, creed or race in carrying out the aims and objects of the Kosh.
- All the incomes, earnings, movable, immovable properties of the Kosh shall be solely utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the Memorandum of Association and no part of income and property of the Kosh shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits orin any manner whatsoever to the present or past Member of the Kosh or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or past members. No member of the Kosh shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable properties of the Kosh or make any profits, whatsoever by virtue of his membership. The accounts of the Kosh shall be audited and balanced each year.
Provided, however, nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment, in good faith, of remuneration to any member or other person in return for any services rendered to the Kosh or for traveling allowances, halting or other similar charges.